If tomorrow never comes...

This past month has been a lot, to say the least. We began the month testing on our Psychiatry module and studying for our NBME Cumulative Exam. COVID-19, the global pandemic that continues to ravage our world was just starting to make it's way into the US. As other universities began to close their physical campuses and move to online instruction, there was a certain amount of anxiety that began to surround our program. Are we moving to online instruction as well? Should we continue to study for the NBME? Are we still having a cumulative final? All of the uncertainty made it hard to concentrate. Eventually we got the news.. that we had spent our final class together as a cohort in Room 4700, and we didn't even know it. Over the past 2 weeks, we have settled into our new, virtual learning environment and have been continuing with business as usual. This experience has taught me even more to never take things or people for granted. I think of the couple of times that I didn't feel like going to class or the times that I decided not to go to an event with my classmates because I thought that I would go "next time".
On another note, I decided that, although no longer required, I will be continuing my service hours. I joined the New Orleans Medical Reserve Corps and will be volunteering as we proceed to navigate these uncertain times.

With more on that to come and until next time,

Michaela

"In time, this too shall pass."

MARCH HOURS: 0.00
TOTAL HOURS: 4.00

Comments