the first cut is the deepest

We began the month with a new module, the Autonomic Nervous System and Physiology. To be completely honest, it was not the best. It felt like I just couldn't get a handle on the information no matter how much time I put into it. I utilized all my resources and studied accordingly, however on exam day, I did not do as well as I would have hoped. Reflecting on those exams, I have been able to pinpoint the areas where I could improve. I try not to harp on the negatives and instead try to move forward with optimism. The later half of this month has been focused on Cardiovascular Pharmacology. With exams only a few days away, I have been keeping my head in my notes so that I can bounce back from the previous module *fingers crossed*.

This month I decided to volunteer with Second Harvest Food Bank. After doing my research, I found that one in five Louisiana households is at risk of hunger. Many parents go without in order to make sure that their children are fed. Second Harvest Food Bank provides food access, advocacy, education and disaster response and provides more than 32 million meals to over 210,000 people per year. My time at Second Harvest Food Bank this month was spent doing Food Sorting and Packing. I separated donated food into specific categories and help to repack food into boxes for distribution. I plan to spend a lot more time volunteering here, as I find it extremely fulfilling to be able to help other gain access to such a basic necessity. Often times, if you have not experienced hunger or had to go without your basic needs being met, it is hard to even fathom how it may feel for those who experience this daily.

Until next time,

Michaela

"If the plan doesn't work, change the plan. But never change the goal."

https://no-hunger.org

October Hours: 3.00
Total Hours: 3.00

Comments