winning a battle, losing the war

November crept by slowly but also ended so fast? I’m not sure how to explain. It seems like the beginning of the Renal Physiology and Pulmonary block was forever ago, yet exam day came so soon. This block, for me, was all about staying ahead and not letting the thought of the break ahead get me off track. I was able to bounce-back from some hits I took earlier in the semester in Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology and continue to strengthen my Principles of Pharmacology grade. I have no complaints about this block, a lot of work but I got it done! In the way of volunteering, I continued my service at the Second Harvest Food bank. I won’t elaborate too much because I spent a lot of time in my previous post explaining why the service is so fulfilling for me. To piggyback off of the issue of food insecurity, a couple of classmates and I decided that we would prepare lunch for the homeless. Being situated downtown, we are not strangers to seeing those who are less fortunate all around as we travel to and from class. The close proximity and the urge to help ignited in us a desire to do something to help. Just seeing how grateful people were that we decided to perform this act of service was extremely rewarding for us all and we look forward to doing so again in the near future.

Until next time,

Michaela

“So far you have survived 100% of your worst days. This too shall pass.”

November Hours: 10.5
Total Hours: 13.5

Comments