a hard day's night

It has been about a month since we began our program, and in such a short amount of time...so much has happened. I've gotten acquainted with my classmates and my professors, made friends and I've taken my first (FIVE!) exams. It sounds daunting, but in hindsight, it wasn't THAT bad. I did have to reorient myself right before the first set of exams began, my heart was pounding, my hands were sweaty and I didn't have an ounce of confidence in myself. Honestly, I don't think I've ever been so anxious in my life. The combination of not knowing *exactly* what to expect and having an overwhelming desire to succeed was definitely the cause of my mini-heart attack (or should i say myocardial infarction?). But nevertheless, I persisted! All of my studying and hard work paid off. With my first two sets of exams behind me, I am now focused on finding volunteer work. I want to find an opportunity, not just to fulfill my requirement, but also one that I enjoy. At the moment, I am researching and weighing my options. If I do find an opportunity before the month of September is over, I will give an update below. Besides that, I have settled into the program and am looking forward to what lies ahead.

Until next month,

Michaela

(A thing about me: I rely heavily on quotes as motivation because sometimes you just need to be reminded of who you are and what you can do, so I'll likely include the ones that helped me through at the end of my posts.)

"If you don't sacrifice for what you want, what you want becomes the sacrifice."


SEPTEMBER HOURS: 0
TOTAL HOURS: 0

Comments